Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

Number of posts : 3466
Registration date : 2007-09-16

2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Empty
PostSubject: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/16/2008, 5:57 am

i REALLY don't feel like typing all of my thoughts about it, but I want Barack Obama to win.

I hate John McCain with a bloody passion. I hated him even more when he released that campaign ad with Hilton and Spears in it. You'd think a presidential election would be as far away from celebrities as possible, and he had to be an asshole and do something like that, just for attention an just so people would vote for him.

If he wins, I'm going to, like, scream so loud, he hears it. Lmfao.

I want Obama to win so badly. Fuck it if he's not white. Racists in American will have a fit, but I really want him to win. Not only will it be a massive change because he's a democrat, but I honestly think him being colored will be a change America needs. We've had 43 white presidents, right? I think having a colored one and showing little kids, or people my age, or whatever that a colored man can be the president of the US is cool.

I don't know. I love Obama, and I love what he has to say. He needs to win this.

Sorry if theres a John McCain fan on here, I was kinda cruel to him in this post. Lmfao.

Last edited by Jimmy Urine on 11/19/2008, 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bestthingintown.piczo.com
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

Number of posts : 2476
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/16/2008, 7:07 am

I agree Sarah.

McCain reminds me WAY TOO MUCH of president Bush. The way he talks and the way he looks. It's just going to be the same BULLSHIT all over again if he wins.

Here's a little preview of what Obama believes in and what he'll do as a president vs. McCain's just in case some of you don't really know a lot about them.....

THE ENIRONMENT:

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

The US is accountable for about a quarter of the world's greenhouse-gas emissions.

WHERE THE CANDIDATES STAND:

OBAMA: Obama proposes cutting carbon-dioxide emissions through a cap-and-trade system that would auction off credits to big companies, making them pay for the CO2 they produce. He also plans to invest $150 billion in clean-energy technologies and reduce oil consumption 35 percent by 2030.

MCCAIN: McCain has pledged to end US reliance on foreign oil and advocates a global effort to keep pollution from developing countries in check. He wants to limit carbon and greenhouse-gas emissions by exploring safe nuclear energy, and he would also implement a cap-and-trade system.

THE ECONOMY:

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

The US economy is looking bleak: Housing prices have fallen sharply, unemployment and inflation rates are on the rise, and food and gas prices have skyrocketed.

OBAMA: Obama would repeal tax cuts for the upper class and raise capital-gains taxes. He's also save the middle class an estimated $80 million a year, through, amony other things, a $1000-per-family credit and by eliminated taxes for senior workers making less than $50,000 a year.

MCCAIN: McCain's economic plan favors big businesses and the wealthy (obviously *rolls eyes*) He'd cut corporate taxes and provide tax breaks for households with incomes above $250,000. (okay, that makes no sense whatsoever...) But he'd also lower taces for the middle class by repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax, saving families nearly $60 billion a year. (yeah...just throw that in to cover up what you're doing for the wealthy. "oh...we'd better just throw in the $60 billion a year to middle class so they don't feel left out! -__-)

THE WAR IN IRAQ (This is a really big concern):

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: The American death toll is above 4,000, the cost of war is past the $600 billion mark, and nearly 160,000 US troops are currently stationed in Iraq. (why waste $600 billion dollars on the war when you could use it to solve other problems in the US. A big one: POVERTY.)

OBAMA: Obama, who opposed the war from the start, would immediately begin a phased redeployment of troops that would bting home one to two combat brigades a month within his first year in office, in an attempt to pressure the Iraqis to start autonomously settling their differences.

MCCAIN: McCain voted to authorize the Bush adminisration's invasion in 2002 and also supported the 2007 troop "surge" (doesn't surprise me). And he intends to stay the course: McCain has NO PLANS to remove American forces until stability is achieved.

HEALTH CARE:

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: The US spends more on health care than any other country, but an estimated 16 percent of it's citizens are UNINSURED.

OBAMA: Obama wants to make coverage MORE AFFORDABLE and, ultimately UNIVERSAL. He would require that all CHILDREN have insurance, which he would help pay for by NOT RENEWING the Bush administration's tax cuts for the WEALTHY. He'd also require most businesses to provide coverage for their employees and would develop an insurance-purchasing pool so that people could choose from competing plans.

MCCAIN: McCain has pledged to make health care affordable by giving annual tac credits to individuals and families. He's also build an open market in which people could choose from different providers, which would create cometition and thus lower prices.

To me, Obama sounds a hell of a lot better than McCain in my opinion.

MOST families in the US are having trouble with taxes. As far as I know MOST of my family has a hard time even keeping their house and are behind on a lot of payments. I hate having to see my WHOLE family suffer because of the way the economy is right now and I WILL NOT support McCain in his "Providing tax breaks for households with incomes above $250,000" WTF? That makes NO sense to me whatsoever. Why would we want to give the wealthy even MORE money, when there are an estimated 37 MILLION (think about it this way. That is an estimated population of Canada) are STAVING, are HOMELESS, are STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE, people who actually WORK HARD who DESERVE a BREAK!!!!

My dad works all day, he's a mechanic and he makes $22 an hour and he comes home with dirt and mud all over him. his fingers are stained a grey-black color from all the work he's done over the years, and he's tired. I hate to see him come home with a bad attitude because of that, and I don't blame him! He's been working since the age of 16, never once had he not have a job, he has to lift heavy objecs, work in horrible environments and gets brusies and scrapes and really bad burns from LP Gas leaks. Even though my mom works and earns $10 dollars and hour and my dad $22, and yet we (and i'm sure millions of other families) are STILL stuggling and McCain wants to REWARD the wealthy? The people who sit on their asses infront of their large entertainment system in an AIRCONDITIONED house with tons of of "toys" they have like multiple cars, 100+ PAIRS OF SHOES, and lots of other things? I'm not saying that all the wealthy are asswholes but it doesn't make any sense to me at all to give them money that they waste on things like 100+ pairs of shoes. It's just ridiculous.

And I'm sure all the US troops families don't agree with McCain intending to keep the US Troops in Iraq. When one of his loved ones maybe becomes a troop and DIES because of that, then MAYBE he'll understand. Millions of mother's and father's have to see their son lying in a coffin because of the war, they have to see their son's name on the TV screen when the News announces their death. I can't even imagine what it's like to see your son die before you.

And notice in the enviorment section in McCain's how it says "safe nuclear energy" and notice how it says the word "exploring". How SURE are they that the nuclear energy is infact safe for the enviornment?

So yeah, you can see how pissed off i am at McCain.

Obama should win. Obama NEEDS to win.

And racists need to get a life. What do they care about more? Their taxes and finances, or a black president? Seriously, this isn't the 1940's anymore. They're skin tone is just a different color! It's just a color! Stop the bullshit because in the end, if McCain wins, the world is going down and then you wouldn't care about being racist anymore would you?
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/16/2008, 12:17 pm

ILJoijoefw;ehg;og.

I hate McCain.
He's, like, Bush's brother from another mother.
Lmfao.
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/17/2008, 2:12 am

LMAO EXACTLY! xD

And...sometimes I wonder if McCain is secretly working with Bush...you know?

Like if he becomes president, just a thought....What if McCain and Bush have these secret meetings and secretly work together? I've been thinking about that a lot because...can we REALLY trust the politicians and the government? I bet they're keeping TONS of things a secret from the citizens of America.

Like...okay...this is just an example...The government and politicians probably know a lot more about the 9/11 that they havn't told us.

And then a lot of other things that happened, when they're on TV making a statement for something saying stuff like "ohhh, it's nothing to worry about! blah blah blah! Ohh, I'm sorry but I can't tell you that, it's confidential! It's a secret! Shhhh!"

And another theory I've had about Bush, I'm not saying it's true, but sometimes I think he intentially studders and jokes around and makes up answers to questions from people just so he doesn't have to give away the truth. Either that...or he's just stupid lol. But I mean...he can't be THAT stupid, since I believe that if someone that wants to be president have to pass some test, like an IQ test or something....unless you know, it probably didn't apply to him because, OMG HE'S GEORGE BUSH"S SON!! Ohhhh, it's okay George W. Bush! You don't HAVE to take the test. *bows down to him*

And everybody thinks that the only reason why Bush won was because his father helped him. I think that something happened during that election in Florida when they were trying to decide who was going to be president. I think that the government and Bush's father somehow corrupted the system. And since they're politics of couse everybody bows down to them and TRUSTS them, so the citizens would have no idea, because of course the government would lie to them and of course a lot of citizens are gullible and think that they can always depend on the government and I think the government to advantage of that.
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/17/2008, 2:58 am

Hmm.
Interesting.

Lmfao. Idk. I did see a picture of them together in Obama's ad's.
Idk if that means, anything, but..
McCain just needs to loose. Lmfao. Just, not win. Not even be close to winning, Obama should crush him in the polls.
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/17/2008, 3:21 am

Yeah, unless the republicans try to corrupt the system like they probably did last time....see.....that's just the thing......

We're not FUCKING voting for who's going to be the NEXT AMERICAN IDOL or THE NEXT AMERICA"S TOP MODEL!! I think that some people just don't take this seriously and just vote for the hell of it, not knowing anything about Obama or McCain.

Like some people are probably like, "Well......i voted for republican last year soo...i guess i will this year too...." You know what I mean? The candidates DESERVE to have people actually pay attention when they speak because the election is not as easy as people think. These politicans basically try to run people life! And if you ask me, I would say that paying attention to the candidates to understand what they'll do to america and applying that to your beliefs and what you think who you think would be a better president for not only you, but for the country is REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT.

And they all say that the youth of america decides what happens in the future with their votes.......uhhhh.....hello? Are you talking about the SAME youth of america who only cares about cell phones and celebrities and they're cars, and their boyfriends and girlfriends??? The SAME youth of america who beat each other up in an alley just for fun? The SAME youth of america who is getting BRAINWASHED with Mtv and Disney crap?

MOST of the youth america is like that, I'm not saying everyone, there are a few teenagers who actually have a brain and their own thoughts and insights and opinions, but i'm really scared about the future of america. In a few years the same little kids that like High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, MTV....all that crap will be voting for a president, and I'm not all that comfortable with that.....I mean, hopefully they WILL be wise enough to decide well....idk. But it still makes me nervous. I'm not saying that High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers and MTV are really bad, but they do influence little kids a lot. It scares me sometimes O_____O But you know, i just have to keep reminding myself that they're only little kids. They're not going to have the same mind set as they did when they liked all that stuff. I bet years from now they'll be like "OMG, Why did i ever think that Hannah Montana and all that crap were cool???"

But seriously, the people who don't vote, need to vote and the people who vote for the hell of it, the same way they vote for American Idol and all that crap not to stop and think about each candidate before they vote because it really affects the outcome of the election.
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/17/2008, 3:42 am

I agree!

They said that more people voted for a season of American Idol than the president of the United States, and I was like, "Are we supposed to be proud of that, 'cause that's fucking disappointing."

With Bush and Kerry, I didn't like either much. Like Billie Joe said, most people didn't vote because there wasn't really good people to vote for. BUT THIS TIME THERE IS A GOOD PERSON. A GREAT PERSON.

I don't know. Maybe it will change.
I kinda have the fear that there will be a lot of assassination threats to Obama if he wins. You know how many rasicsts in the US there are?
It's stupid, but I still think about it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/17/2008, 4:06 am

Yeah! I was just thinking a little bit ago...........We just won't win either way.....

If McCain ends up winning...we won't win......but if Obama wins we'll have to worry about him getting assassinationed...and if he does we won't win..

It's like we're basically screwed both ways. And we wouldn't be if we didn't have to worry about racists. We just wouldn't. If Obama was this good but white, there would be no problem, but just because he's black...ughhh!

He isn't even THAT dark! I think he's only like half black. But really, it shouldn't even matter if he was half black or not. He's a person!

And Obama's family seems nicer than McCain's. Obama has a nice close family life.

And have you SEEN pictures of McCain's wife??? She looks like a fucking 20 year old! Her hair is all long and bleached blonde. Tons of jewlery and shit. I know I shouldn't judge, but when people see that, that's what they think. Same with McCain's daughter. Long bleached blonde hair and shit.

Obama's family just seems....idk more warm and close and traditional.

But i mean....people do notice what all Obama's doing.....he could've easly been assassinated right when announcing his campaign. but he didn't.

Last edited by why so serious? on 8/19/2008, 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/17/2008, 5:14 am

Yeah, I saw McCain's wife in like an Amish outfit/school girl outfit, it looked like.
And she was wearing a sling on her arm because she said a fan grabbed her too hard.
PLEASE! Me and my dad were both like, "she's just wants sympathy so people will vote for McCain."
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/17/2008, 8:22 am

OMG.....that's pathetic......-_______-

You see, I do wonder if McCain is up to something....he puts celebrities in his ad campaign and then has wife does something like that....

It's just i don't think I can trust him.

And....I have this magazine that says a lot of stuff about the election and it shows Obama taking a picture with some students and the students all dressed like ordinary middle class people and they were all smiling, and then below it you see a picture of McCain talking to a group of students and none of them were smiling and they all had nice clothes with jewlery like they're all high class. You could just tell who the republican is.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Drive

Moonlight Drive

Number of posts : 1004
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/19/2008, 2:30 am

If I could vote, I would have no idea who to vote for. I haven't been following it at all. I actually could really care less. And, I know that's bad because whoever wins will be running our country for the next four years, but I don't know anything about Obama or McCain.
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/19/2008, 5:22 am

that's okay faye. i know politics is a lot of information to take in and it can be confusing sometimes D=

But if I could vote, I would vote for Obama.

If Obama becomes president and nominates for second term, I'll be 18 so I'll be able to vote for him because I was born on an election year. yay! lol
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Drive

Moonlight Drive

Number of posts : 1004
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/19/2008, 5:31 am

Thanks Chelsea! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rara

Rara

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/29/2008, 11:50 pm

I know i have nothing to do with this, since I'm not American, but if I had the choice to choose between Obama and McCain, I'd choose Obama.
I'm not that much informed about politics and all that, and I don't know much about the two candidate's campaigns, but from the information I know and everything you guys wrote, I feel Obama is way better for America than McCain. :]
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/30/2008, 12:49 am

^Yay! Lmfao.
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/30/2008, 5:01 am

yay! go Rara! lol

Quote :
(CNN) -- Sen. John McCain on Friday announced Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his vice presidential candidate, calling her "the running mate who can best help me shake up Washington."

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin hugs Sen. John McCain at a rally Friday in Dayton, Ohio, announcing her selection.

1 of 3 "She's exactly who this country needs to help me fight the same old Washington politics of me first and country second," the presumptive Republican nominee said at a Dayton, Ohio, rally of about 15,000 supporters, who welcomed the surprise pick of the relatively unknown politician with cheers and flags.

"She's got the grit, integrity, good sense and fierce devotion to the common good that is exactly what we need in Washington today," McCain said.

Palin, 44, described herself as a fighter against corruption and a bipartisan reformer in her first appearance as a candidate for vice president, an office she said she never expected to seek.

"I was just your average hockey mom in Alaska" before getting involved in politics, she said. "When I found corruption there, I fought it hard and brought the offenders to account."

Palin told the crowd, "To have been chosen brings a great challenge. I know that it will demand the best that I have to give and I promise nothing less." Watch Palin say she's honored to be picked ยป

Palin is a first-term governor who unseated incumbent Gov. Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary in 2006 and went on to defeat former Gov. Tony Knowles, a Democrat, in the general election.

Campaigning for governor, she described herself as a "conservative Republican, a firm believer in free-market capitalism" and "a lifelong Alaskan who grew up hunting and fishing."

She boasted of eliminating taxes as mayor in her hometown of Wasilla, Alaska. She also was a City Council member in the town and was chairman of the Alaska's Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, which regulates oil and gas resources.

Palin will be the first woman to be nominated for vice president as a Republican and only the second to run for vice president on a major party ticket, after Democrat Geraldine Ferraro in 1984.

Palin also will be the first Alaskan to be on the ticket of either party.

She described herself Friday as "commander in chief of the Alaska National Guard" and noted that her oldest son, Track, is a U.S. soldier scheduled to deploy soon to Iraq.

But there also are aspects of her biography that make her unusual for a Republican candidate. McCain introduced her as a former union member and the wife of a union member, a nod to Ohio's strong organized-labor culture. iReport.com: What do you think of McCain's VP pick?

Sarah Palin

Born: February 11, 1964, Sandpoint, Idaho

Education: B.S., University of Idaho, 1987

Elected offices: Wasilla, Alaska, City Council member, 1992-1996

Wasilla mayor, 1996-2002

Elected governor of Alaska, 2006

Professional career: Television sports reporter, 1987-89; co-owner, commercial fishing operation, 1988-2007; owner, snow machine, watercraft and all-terrain vehicle business, 1994-97; chairwoman, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, 2003-2004.

Nevertheless, she is under investigation for her firing of a state official, Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. She has been instructed to hand over documents and recordings of telephone conversations as part of the probe, which grew out of allegations she sacked Monegan for refusing to fire her former brother-in-law from the state police.

She has denied any wrongdoing,

But Palin acknowledged that a member of her staff made a call to a trooper in which the staffer suggested he was speaking for the governor.

Palin has admitted that the call could be interpreted as pressure to fire state trooper Mike Wooten, who was locked in a child-custody battle with Palin's sister. She suspended the staffer who made the call.

McCain apparently is making a concerted effort to reach out to former supporters of Sen. Hillary Clinton who may be unhappy with the choice of Sen. Barack Obama as the Democratic nominee. Watch McCain praise Palin ยป

Palin mentioned Clinton by name in her speech, saying, "Hillary left 18 million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling in America. But it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet, and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all."

The remark brought a mixed reaction from the Republican crowd; some women cheered, but there was also some low-pitched groaning and booing.

Obama's campaign issued two simultaneous responses to Palin's announcement -- one from the candidate and his running mate, Sen. Joseph Biden, praising the choice, and another from a spokeswoman panning it.

"We send our congratulations to Gov. Sarah Palin and her family," the statement from Obama and Biden said, calling her selection "yet another encouraging sign that old barriers are falling in our politics. While we obviously have differences over how best to lead this country forward, Gov. Palin is an admirable person and will add a compelling new voice to this campaign."

But at the same time, Obama spokeswoman Adrianne March said: "Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Gov. Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies -- that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same."

Rep. Thad McCotter, a Michigan Republican, said earlier that Palin has more executive experience than the entire Democratic ticket.

Most of the speculation about McCain's choice had focused on former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Sen. Joseph Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut and 2000 Democratic vice presidential nominee. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas also had been mentioned as a possible long shot if McCain were to seek a woman.

Palin is the youngest person ever elected governor of Alaska and the first woman to hold the job. iReport.com: McCain's pick called "a stroke of genius"

She was dubbed "Sarah Barracuda" by opponents when she was mayor in Wasilla, resurrecting a nickname she earned as a state champion high school basketball player, according to the Almanac of American Politics.

She is married to Todd Palin, an oil production operator on Alaska's North Slope. They have five children. Her youngest, Trig, was diagnosed in utero with Down syndrome.

Palin has focused on energy policy during her short stint in office, and she is known for her support of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, a position McCain opposes but many grass-roots Republicans support.
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/30/2008, 6:05 am

Nooooooooooo.
Her name is Sarah. We share a name. LMFAO.

I don't know what to say about that, though.
I don't know jack about her, but it probably won't change my mind about McCain or anything.
Back to top Go down
Rara

Rara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/30/2008, 9:18 pm

I saw that on the news yesterday.
And, I still don't like McCain. :p
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/30/2008, 10:42 pm

^Lmfao.

My mom told me that the news found out that he really doesn't know that much about her. Soooo I'm thinking that he's just choosing her because he's a woman - he wants to have the first female vice president, in case Obama doesn't win, because he's black so that's a controversy, and she's a female so she's a controversy, you know? Which is very ignorant on McCain's part.
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/30/2008, 11:21 pm

phsst. yeah, what an asswhole -_____-
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime8/30/2008, 11:34 pm

Yuppers.
Back to top Go down
Charlatan

Charlatan

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime9/8/2008, 11:29 am

Yeah that whole thing with Palin is retarded. I read about her in the paper this afternoon (omg I actually read the paper...I almost never do...shame on me >.>) and she does not seem like Vice President material at all, she's very unexperienced.
One really stupid thing I read about her is that she supports Library Book Censorship.
WTH? censorship is such a stupid thing, honestly. THEY'RE BOOKS. OK there are probably some books out there that need to be kept away from children, I know, but doesn't that break the right of intellectual freedom?
Anyways....I think it's really lame that she supports library book censorship. (it's a very small matter, I know, but hey...I love books >.>)
Back to top Go down
http://idiot-america.deviantart.com
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime9/8/2008, 12:22 pm

^omg, that's bullshit.

cursing and shit lol develops character more! that's what makes part of the character's personality!

Like....can you IMAGINE Catcher in the Rye censored?

HOLY FUCK!

Holden's cursing makes him who he is, it's his personality to curse. You can't just censor that! It's like you're cutting out parts of his personality! OMG. That book would just not be the same without all the cursing.

Same with George in the book Of Mice and Men. He cursed a lot also and it was also a setting and time period that people would just curse all the time.

And also....what about the era that the book takes place in? Like let's say the book was placed in New York in like the 1940's. I'm pretty sure that back then in that area they would curse a lot. That's just part of their culture. I mean, if you censor that out, you're just not being true to the culture back then.

Or what if the person was like punk or just a smart ass or whatever. lol Like people in punk culture do curse a lot, and people that think they're tough and act like a smart ass probably do curse a lot too. It would just seem unnatural if they didn't.

And sometimes cursing is just the only way to get your points across. I mean, it' just human nature to curse and I believe that if you add cursing into a character's personality, it just makes them seem more real and believeable.

And yeah, author's should have the right to put whatever they want into their book. They wrote it!

She is a complete idiot!

Yeah, i can understand the children thing but really? What child would or actually could read a 100+ page book WITHOUT pictures? I mean, children like reading short books with pictures in them like barney shit. Not Harry Potter or something like that!

I just...ugh! I can not stand that Library Book Censorship shit!

And no Katelyn, this IS NOT a small matter LOLOL
This is a BIG one. xD

And I know that there are a lot more different kinds of censorship like religion censorship, graphic violence censorship, etc. but i think that the censoring cursing thing is what i hate the most.
Back to top Go down
Rara

Rara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime9/8/2008, 9:48 pm

WHAT?
censoring books?
That is way out of line.

SAY NO TO LIBRARY BOOK CENSORSHIP !
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime9/9/2008, 4:54 am

^Whoa, thats bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Discussion Board-
Jump to: