HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Modern Zero.

Number of posts : 2476
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   9/27/2008, 4:42 pm

This is part of The Obama Blog

Quote :
Debate Reviews: "The winner is Barack Obama" by: Amanda Scott
Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 12:52 AM

10:48 PM ABC - George Stephanopoulos: "Barack Obama A minus, John McCain B plus….People wonder whether [Obama] has the experience to be President, to handle national security, and I think on answer after answer after answer, he showed confidence, he showed toughness and he showed he belonged on that stage."

11:51 PM ABC - George Stephanopoulos: And overall, bottom line, the winner is Barack Obama. He comes into this race where the country wants change, his number one goal was to show that he belonged on that stage…he could hold his own on national security, he did that tonight, he gets the win."

9:53 PM CBS – Myers: "Well, I think the one thing people were looking to, to see if Barack Obama could hold his own, could he sound like a commander in chief, did he have command of foreign policy issues, could he stand there toe-to-toe with John McCain and I think he passed that test with flying colors."

10:30 PM CNN-Gloria Borger - “He took it right to mccain on the tax issue and said to people out there, if you earn over 200 -- under $250,000 a year, nothing will happen to your taxes or you'll get a tax cut.”

10:51 PM PBS - Scott Horsley - "I think John McCain's conduct of economic policy over the last two days has to look a little erratic, has to look very seat of the pants, frankly."

10:54 PM ABC - George Will: "I think Barack Obama came out and looked comfortable and as though he belonged there. So, in a sense, the structure of the debate, indeed, the fact of the debate had to give a mild leg up to Barack Obama."

11:07 PM PBS - Mark Halperin - "I thought Obama clearly did better. I thought he had a chance to show that he was calm and prepared and capable of standing toe to toe with the more experienced McCain. I thought McCain spoke too much Washington jargon, told too many jokes in shorthand, made too many comments he knew what he meant but I don't think he conveyed it necessarily to the audience overall. I thought Obama was the better communicator an did what he needed to do to reassure people."

11:08 PM MSNBC - Richard Wolffe “That was the greatest contrast…the demeanor and the tone of voice that these candidates adopted where McCain was being much more pointed much more aggressive and curiously couldn’t look Obama in the eye. Obama’s tone much more straight and even keeled but ready to look his opponent in the eye repeatedly. A big contrast.”

Denver Post: Obama says he would send "two to three brigades" to Afghanistan. McCain implies that Obama is wet behind the ears on military matters. Obama retorts with perhaps his best line of the night because it critiques McCain's temperament. Obama says that McCain has previously referenced extinction for North Korea and sang songs about bombing Iran, "so I don't know how credible that is."

Washington Post (Robinson) -The Debate: The All-Important Grumpiness Factor: Here’s the politically incorrect way of phrasing one of the central questions about tonight’s presidential debate: Did John McCain come across as too much of a grumpy old man. That might not be a nice question, but it’s an important one. Americans like to vote for the nice guy, not the grumbling prophet of doom. Throughout the 90-minute debate, McCain seemed contemptuous of Obama. He wouldn’t look at him. He tried to belittle him whenever possible -- how many times did he work “Senator Obama just doesn’t understand” into his answers? His body language was closed, defensive, tense. McCain certainly succeeded in proving that he can be aggressive, but the aggression came with a smirk and a sneer.

just thought i'd share that with you guys. xD

i agree with every comment, the last one especially.

i was thinking the EXACT same thing as i watched the debate. McCain acted too ignorant. He tried everything he could to try and get Obama to mess up. And yeah, he said "Obama just doesn't understand..." wayyy too much! Honestly, he acted like he knew everything! He could not go one question without saying "I did this..." "i did that..."

We don't CARE what he did! We want to know what he's GOING to do for America, not what he did a long time ago!

And honestly, everytime he talked, he didn't make any sense. He kept "stalling" in a way, and there was NO WAY he could get any of his points across to the audience, it didn't seem like he had any points to begin with! All he was doing was blabbing his mouth while Obama gave points to the audience and told the audience EXACTLY what he believes and EXACTLY what he's going to do when he becomes president.

And everytime Obama answered the question, it's like...McCain could not keep the smirk off his face! He kept smiling and smirking like in a "whatever, you're wrong" type of way. It's like, "come on! seriously, this isn't a joke! Obama's talking about something serious and you're over there smirking the whole time like something's funny cause i honestly didn't catch what was funny about what Obama was saying!"

I think that with those smirks of McCain's could cost him his campaign cause really, who wants another president who doesn't take anything seriously? I mean, he came off looking like a foolish child with those smirks of his and his "oh i know everything" type of attitude! That's just not professional at all. AT ALL. And he didn't really help his campaign much either when he said that he wasn't even going to attend the debate and wanted to postpone it. It's like, "I'm sorry, but you really have no choice."

Another mistake i think that McCain made is his electing Sarah Palin as vice president. She's an idiot! really, she is. and it didn't help when she declared, "Pray away the gay!" oh yeah, Palin! you're so clever to have thought of that wonderful rhyme of yours! you're so smart! -___- You know, at least now we know that gay people arn't voting for McCain. I believe that the only reason why McCain elected her as vice president is because she's a woman, it'll be conterversal. And also, then there will be women who will possibly vote for him because "oh, there will be a girl vice president!" and then guys, probably some of the same guys who didn't like Hilary and didn't want a girl president, will actually WANT Sarah Palin as vice president because "oh, she's so hot!" Actually...no she's not. lol I'm sorry, but she's just not.

And besides, looks have absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad of a president/vice president someone is. And also, gender has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad of a president/vice president someone is. Someone just shouldn't vote for someone just because they're a girl, or just because they're a boy.

Here's what I think:

I think there are WAY more minorities out there than what McCain considers the majority (like the wealthy, he would probably consider the wealthy to be the majority because that's basically all what he's focused on...). Honestly, it's like you have minorities like gay people, middle-lower class, teenagers, different races, just all these minorities that i think Obama represents. Basically just the people who are the minority; the outcasts that the government really i feel doesn't care as much about, Obama cares about so I would think all those minorites would most likely vote for Obama.

I think that McCain is screwing up his campaign big time in my opinion. I don't see what people that like him and want to vote for him, actually SEE in him. I don't understand how they could like him. I mean, it just bugs me that they don't see how ignorant, manipulative, and foolish he is. I feel sorry for the people who only want to vote for McCain because they're racist because I believe that they're really fucking up not only their future, but their families future if McCain actually wins just because of their silly prejudices. =/

But yeah, anyway, I thought that Obama did tons better in this debate than McCain, definately. Obama kept his cool. He seemed much more comfortable on stage, much more collective in his thoughts, and spoke with a lot of confidence, and he stated the facts and stated his points clearly to the audience and everyone who was watching, and if you didn't watch the debate...i'm sure it's on youtube or something xD

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   11/5/2008, 12:33 pm

OMG OBAMA WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST EVER BLACK PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOT!!!!!!!! =D

Admin

Number of posts : 3466
Registration date : 2007-09-16

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   11/5/2008, 9:58 pm

OMG, THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!
I CANNOT STOP SMILEING.
I STARTED CRYING WHEN HE WON.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAN.
44TH PRES OF USA = BARACK OOOOOOOOOBAMA!!!!

Obama: 349
McCain: 147

HE CRUSHED HIM, MAN! =DDDDDDD

Last edited by Jimmy Urine on 11/19/2008, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bestthingintown.piczo.com
Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   11/6/2008, 5:09 am

I'm so fucking happy that he won!

I started to cry as he stood up there at the podium delivering his winning speech. It was really emotional. It showed Oprah crying in the audience xD

And FINALLY Indiana is a blue state, which it hasn't been since 1964 and also hasn't been a battle state since 1964 O______O

Admin

Number of posts : 3466
Registration date : 2007-09-16

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   11/19/2008, 9:48 pm

^Haha!
I know. He's my hero, I love the man so much.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.   

Back to top Go down

2008 US Presidential Election - Barack Obama Wins.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2