Homophobia is wrong

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Charlatan

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   2/14/2008, 7:52 am

I hate how homophobic my parents are. My brother told my mom today that her heard his geography teacher was a lesbian, and she was like oh no, so then I butt in and said so what, I'm sure you have had a lot of gay teachers and didn't even know it. Then my mom and brother we like, it goes against our religion you're not supposed to like gays, god doesn't like gay people! Then I was like yes he does, he doesn't care! Then my mother had the nerve to go ahead and ask if I liked guys! I told her I do which is true, but I like damnit! Sometimes I really hate the Christian religion! It's so fucking stupid sometimes about how hypocritical it is! It's always saying "Love Your Neighboor" but then it says "God hates gays, homosexuality is abnormal, burn them all! They shall be condemned to hell!" Like wtf!? The religion is completely confusing and utterly stupid!

..... now i feel like im gonna be shocked with a lightning bolt now for writing that >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://idiot-america.deviantart.com
Modern Zero.

Number of posts : 2476
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   2/14/2008, 8:22 am

i agree completely.

I got in an argument with my grandma who is a jesus freak about gay and bi people. I seriously believe that the people who are gay or leisbian are born that way and that's why it seems so natural to them to like the same sex but she totally disagrees and says they are only doing it to be perverted and sure. There are some that only get with the same sex just to be sluts and it's perverted but not ALL of them are like that! Some actually arn't doing it because it's "perverted" And I keep trying to tell her that but as usual she just won't listen to me.

She kept saying that she thinks that if you're bi or gay then you will go to hell which i don't believe they do. I mean. if my God is the God I believe he is he wouldn't send someone to hell just because of who they choose to love. Just like I believe that if you commit suicide you won't go to hell like some say they do because to me being suicidal is like being an acoholic or a drug addict. I don't think gay or bi is a disease though. I just think it's natural love or feelings for the same sex.

Anyway, my grandma actually gets me to the point where I'm acutally crying. She gets me to the pont where I'm acutally questioning God himself and she gets me to the point where i'm confused with my own religion. And so she asks me why i'm crying and then she acually asks me if i was gay which i'm not. I'm straight.

One of the biggest reasons why I was crying was for Billie Joe. I love Billie I have respect for him and I admire him and I would never ever want him to go to hell just because he's bisexual.

I felt defeated against my grandparents. I swear for a second I could hardly catch my breath. I was just thinking in my head how could someone so amazing like Billie go to hell just because of something as simple as liking the same sex? I mean, it's not like he's fooling around with the same sex or anything and he's married to a girl obviously. To me he's a great person and I can't stand the thought of him going to hell.

Sometimes i do dislike my religion just because of the fact that so many of them don't even ACT like christians. They're all happy and loving around people for a couple hours and then when they get home they are a completely different person and talk behind people's backs. They ARE NOT true christians if they always hate on people the minute they walk out of churh not that I'm judging anyone it's just that a lot of christians are like that. They stab people in the back and I can't even imagine what God thinks of them when they're doing that.

To me I just think that your religion is for yourself. It's a relationship just between you and God. No one else. That's why I try not to be mean or hypocritical because I try really hard to be faithful in God despite what other christians do because it's sad but there is a lot of fakes in this world. The only person to trust is God even though sometimes the religion can be confusing when everyone is trying to tell you stuff from the bible and sometimes even twists stuff around.

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   2/14/2008, 9:29 am

omg thank you!!
im sorry about saying horrible things about the Christian religion there, and if I had offended you or anyone else on the forum, please forgive me.
I am Christian myself but sometimes, like today, I get completely confused. And Chelsea you cleared things up for me! thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://idiot-america.deviantart.com
Sarahnade.
Admin

Number of posts : 3466
Registration date : 2007-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   2/14/2008, 10:02 am

I agree with both of you. I think you guys covered it all.

I've never been to church, and I'm not religious. Like, at all. I only pray when I'm feeling depressed and suicidal, if a loved one dies, etc.

I'm bi, so if the Christian religion is anti-homosexuality, I do not want to take in any part of it.

Someone asked me if I was really bisexual yesterday, and I said yes. They asked me who my girlfriend was. I said I didn't have one. And they were all like, "What the fuck! How can you be bi if you aren't dating a chick?" It's like .. it's like asking a straight guy why he likes girls. If he's a straight guy, and doesn't have a girlfriend, how is he straight? You know? That's what he was asking. It's like the same thing.

Yeah, I believe in Heaven and Hell - to an extent. I don't really know where we will all go when we die; I would like to believe we all go to somewhere like Heaven, and all the bad and evil people go to Hell. Bad and evil people like murders, not like homosexuals.

I've actually been thinking a lot more about religion and Heaven and Hell. I'm scared shitless of passing away, because I'm not sure where I, or anyone for that matter, are going. Is there Heaven and Hell? Are we going to be, like, ghosts and roam the Earth forever? Are we just going to fall in a black pit of darkness forever?

I have a Bible, but I've never read it. I feel like I should start reading it; maybe it could answer my questions.

I just don't understand how God wants us to love everyone, but, yeah, we are supposed to disown our brothers and sisters because they love someone who is their gender. What the fuck. I don't understand it and it pisses me off.

Like Chelsea said, it also pisses me off because my, like, heroes are openly bisexual. Billie, Gerard Way, Lyn-Z, Bert McCracken, Jimmy Urine - they are all bisexual. It's just how they are. So what? Does that mean they are going to go to Hell? Even if they are married and engaged to the opposite sex?

I don't know. It's a touchy subject for me.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   2/14/2008, 1:28 pm

yeah. religion can be really confusing sometimes. I think you just have to find the things that you believe in and what you don't. I think that if you live to be a good person which i believe that everyone on this forum is, that when you die you'll go somewhere peaceful. And I think that it would be awesome to read the Bible. Smile That book has A LOT of answers. It has every answer to every question. It explains things so well, to me it's like reading a story that a close friend wrote just for you.

You don't really have to be a Christain either. Sometimes I know that people take bits and pieces of religion and put them together. I can't remember what religion it was called but it exsists.

And to actually quote the bible is a good thing to do when ou're faced with evil like disease and all of that. All you have to do is have faith in God and pray as if you were talking to a friend and you can actually heal people from disease through God.

One time at my church we were just sitting down listening to the paster talk and all the sudden this old man starts having what we all think was a seisure of some sort. But we all stopped what we were doing, out a hand on him, and started parying and the seisure stopped like it wasn't even there.

A lot of people say that God works in mysterious ways. He'll be there whenever you need him as long as you want him to be there. He'll listen.

I got my hair cut like two days ago at this ladies house and she was really nice. We started talking about God and her Ex-Husband that I guess murdered someone or something so she went to God and prayed to him to try and get a divorce peacefully so she said that God told her that her then husband had been unfaithful to her and she just had this feeling that she needed to let him in her house so they could talk. Which i think took a lot of bravery and faith in God to let a murderer inside your house O__o. Anyway, she let him in and she looked at him and asked, "Have you been unfaithful to me?" And of course her then husband said No. She asked him about three more times and still he said no. She asked him one more time and he said to her, "Why do you keep asking me this? I said no!" And she said she looked at him right in the eyes and said, "Because God spoke to me and he told me that you have been unfaithful to me! I just want to hear it from your lips so tell me, have you been unfaithful to me?"

This time he looked slightly away and he said, "Yes."

When she told my mom and I about that while she was doing our hair I swear I had goosebumps all over my body LOL. Seriously.

And Katelyn. Don't worry about it, you didn't offend me at all Smile I understand that you're just confused and all. I get confused with my religion too sometimes, i think that everybody does. And you're welcome. I'm glad that I helped you at least a little bit. haha ^__^

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   2/15/2008, 4:17 am

Whoa, that's freaky.
I would have goosebumps too. Lmfao.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   2/15/2008, 4:51 am

LOL

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   8/16/2008, 6:31 am

Okayy, something new.

I had to write an essay for my summer homework about a controversial issue, and I choose homosexualtiy. I went on Wikipedia, and I found out that some countries have the death penalty or life in prison is your a homosexual. I didn't know that.

Click here for a chart.

I thought that was a little fucked up.
Look at all the light, light green. That means no same sex unions allowed. Isn't that sad?

Australia and Canada seem to be the best places.
Africa is a little screwed up.

& this:

"In the United States, the FBI reported that 15.6% of hate crimes reported to police in 2004 were based on perceived sexual orientation. Sixty-one percent of these attacks were against gay men."

A picture of a anti-homosexuality parade:

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   8/29/2008, 12:11 pm

OMG, that chart made me tear up.

Those people are NOT Christians!

I just....UGH....i can not STAND "Christians" who are like that.

They're fucking holding up signs that say "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God..." Like THEY themselves have never fucking sinned before?

wtf??

I'm SURE that those "Christians" have sinned before! And if they don't think that they have and think they're fucking perfect, excuse me....but I thought that only God was perfect!

And ANOTHER thing, this is what else i can't stand! Those people who are holding up their signs, it's as if they own the fucking world and that the world revolves around them as "Christians". AND it's as if "Oh!! I'm BETTER than YOU!"

Okay....so when Lawrence King DIED because he was gay, did "Christians" feel sad because of that or did they say "THANK THE LORD IN HEAVEN!"

Don't you think that is fucking screwed up?

If THEY were as close to God as they think they are, they would have learned not to HATE people for who they are, NOT to fucking JUDGE people based on who they are, and to treat EVERYONE with fucking RESPECT and LOVE!

If THEY were as close to God as they say they are, they would have learned NOT to decide FOR God, and NOT to fucking do his job for him! They are wasting THEIR time and GOD'S time by raising up their stupid signs that say "God Abhors You!" And ohhhh! hahaha *is being sarcastic* how cute is that they they actually thought of making the sign say GAY when you read down, and an insult as you read it left to right! That is just SO cleaver of them!!!

The fact that they actually THOUGHT of doing that is fucking DISGUSTING.

UGH......I just...idk....I think i'll just stop right now before i explode.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   8/29/2008, 12:18 pm

^I agree.
It doesn't make sense. I knew some places had protests like that, but I guess seeing it in pictures makes it worse or something.
I don't know. I just don't like it. Not everyone has to abide by what I think is wrong and right, but I hate hearing people talking badly about homosexuality. If you don't like it, that's okay, i guess, but keep it to your fucking self.

Rara

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   8/30/2008, 12:13 am

I don't think I have expressed my opinion about this.
Well, I hate homophobia. I'm straight, and I don't mind homosexuality, although it is considered as a serious sin.

Homophobians piss me off. I mean, there are all kinds of people in the world, and who are you to tell them what to be? They know who they are, so let them decide what they wanna be.

Over here, in the Arab/Muslim world, there's a death penalty for it =/.
It really scares me, thinking they'll kill someone just because they like the same sex =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homophobia is wrong   

Back to top Go down

Homophobia is wrong
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3