RIP Brando

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarahnade.
Admin

Number of posts : 3466
Registration date : 2007-09-16

PostSubject: RIP Brando   8/28/2009, 8:41 am

If you haven't heard, a good friend of Green Day's committed suicide a few days ago. His name was Brando. Billie recently told a story about him on stage.

He was also a friend of John Roecker, who talked about Brando on his Facebook page. John said that Brando was Billie's best friend and a friend of his own. He said he met him through Billie Joe. He said the last time he saw him was at Mike's birthday party, and that he seemed happy. He said that Brando was always joyful, and couldn't understand why he would do such a thing. John also said he was watching a video from Billie's birthday party in LA that John organized, and couldn't help but smile when he saw Brando. He said he was just a great guy that was very likeable.

I know nothing about Brando, but I found myself crying over this. It just isn't fair for these guys. They just lost the friend they toured with as FBHT, and now they lose one of their best friends to suicide. It's not fair. I can't even imagine what they are going through, and I don't want to. I hope they get through this, but I know that that is wishful thinking right now.

The only positive thing I can find in this is that Green Day just finished the US leg of their tour, and they have a few weeks off, so they can mourn privately.

So RIP Brando.

greendea

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brando   8/28/2009, 8:35 pm

i have never heard of this guy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarahnade.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brando   8/29/2009, 6:35 am

^He talked in Driven, so, yeah. :]

Modern Zero.

Number of posts : 2476
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brando   8/29/2009, 10:51 am

RIP Brando!
I hope Billie's ok. =/

Admin

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brando   8/29/2009, 1:21 pm

^Yeah, I know. Ugh.

Someone on GDC said they heard that Brando committed suicide after attending Green Day's LA show and going out with the guys. I asked them where they heard it, so I'm waiting for a reply. I don't believe John said it, so it could just be a rumor..?

If it's true, then that makes things even worse, which I didn't think was possible in a situation like this. :/

Ugh. I just can't stop thinking about it! I can't stop thinking about how Billie, Mike, and Tre are doing. I'm sure Adrienne was good friends with him as well, and Green Day's kids probably knew him too. Everyone is probably effected by this. I mean..he was their best friend since, like, high school. It just isn't fair.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brando   

Back to top Go down

RIP Brando
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1