Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Would Drive On To The End With You

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

Number of posts : 3466
Registration date : 2007-09-16

I Would Drive On To The End With You Empty
PostSubject: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/21/2007, 9:49 am

Chapter 1 - Pennsylvania

Gerard's POV

I graciously accepted her offer of a cigarette and lit it up without hesitation. Once I took a drag off it, I spat and made a face at the raunchy taste. "What is this shit?" I asked my best friend, Lyn-Z. She took a drag as well and frowned at me. "It's Marborl Reds. I thought that's what you smoked." I took another drag. "Is it?" I asked as I looked at the carton. "Oh..ha, it is. It just tastes fucked up to me." She chuckled. "Well, aren't you sick? Or did it pass over?" I nodded. "Oh yeah, I still am. That explains it." Lyn-Z just giggled at my forgetfulness and took another long drag.

"This would be bunches more fun if some joints were at our disposal," I stated. She shrugged and leaned back in the car seat. "Yeah, but where the hell do you find a pothead in the middle of nowhere?" I took another drag. "True. There has to be some, though. Some stupid redneck could find some weed in this shitty town." She smirked and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, they have fucking farms and shit all around here. I feel like a resident hillbilly" I shook my head. "Yep. It drives me crazy. Every corner, theres a fucking cow chewing on grass at a goddamn farm..I hate rural America." Lyn-Z nodded. "Agreed, but, we're here and we barley have any gas to get us out of this place."

I gazed out the car window into the darkening sky. "That's because we bought all those shitty homemade cigs last week from that dude in Detroit," I said as I batted ash off the end of my cigarette. "Remind me to never to that again." "Ha, those were pretty bad, eh? But we had none, and I couldn't go another damn minute without some nicotine destroying my lungs," she replied. I smirked. "Yeah. Nic fits are the worst. I wish this one tasted right. It tastes like utter crap." She smiled. "Aww. Poor Gerard." She ran her index finger down her cheek, pretending to be trailing a tear. "Shut up," I giggled.

I dug into my Black Flag wallet. "Hmm..I have a ten dollar bill..I have a few ones too.." She sighed. "Well, the last I had was that five and we wasted that on Micky D's." I laughed. "That wasn't a waste, Lyn-Z, it was so worth it. No crave is like a crave for a damn egg mcmuffin." She giggled. "And a milkshake, of course. Well, a ten is good. How many ones? We have to get some juice in this baby. I don't want to sit here on the side of a road in the middle of nowhere when night rolls around. We'll get murdered by a phyco for sure." I smirked as I turned my wallet upside down, letting the bills and loose change fall to the vehicle's floor. I turned the car light on and picked up the dollars. "Well, theres six ones here and I have that ten. Would that get a few gallons or so?" She shrugged. "Probably. I don't have a clue. Let's just get goin'."

I smiled as I put the key and started the ignition. "Aww, what's wrong? Is Lindsey Ann Ballato afraid of the dark?" I said in my taunting voice. She grinned. "No..I'm just afraid of the dark in the middle of fucking nowhere." I bursted out in laughter and pulled the car from the side of the road to the lane. "Which way was that 7-11 we went past?" I questioned. She pulled out another cigarette and pointed left. I wheeled the car to the left and began driving down the obscure road.

"How much is in the tank again?" Lyn-Z asked.

"How far is that 7-11?" I questioned.

"About 2 miles," she replied

"We have at least 3," I said after checking.

She nodded. "Okay. What time is it?" I glanced down at my watch. "Almost 10." "Hmm, really? Time flew." I nodded. "Yeah, sorta. I'm just tired. We drove from Detroit to that crappy alley in West Virginia, and now we're here in the middle of nowhere, Pennsylvania." She chuckled. "Want another cigarette? It will wake you up." I shook my head and made a face. "Nah. It tastes like shit. Everything tastes like shit when you have a goddamn cold.. I could chug a gallon of coffee though." Lyn-Z laughed and reclined the car seat. "Me too. I would even take it if it was bitter than fuck" I nodded in agreement. "Yeah..damn, I can't even see the fucking road. These headlights are totally worthless." She smirked. "Yeah, they're shot. The whole car's shot." "Yeah, I know. It was Mikey's and he didn't give a shit for it." "Pfft. It's not like you do." I nodded. "True. I'm way lazier than him though." She laughed. "Nice excuse." I nodded and smiled.

I pulled into the 7-11 parking lot. "Do you want me to go in?" Lyn-Z asked me. I shook my head. "No, I can go. I have functioning legs, you know." She chuckled. "Alright, smartass, go pump that gas." I laughed, grabbed my wallet, and opened the car door. "Holy shit," I said as the freezing wind smacked against my face. I closed the door and put gas in the car. It got about a gallon or so which was enough to get us out of that place. I walked into the 7-11, paid for it, and walked back to the car.

I opened the door and crawled in. "Shut the damn door. Its freezing," Lyn-Z ordered. "I know," I said, slamming it. "Its only fucking September. It feels like it's going to fucking snow." "Yeah..," she started as she shivered, "how much did you get?" she added. "About a gallon," I replied as I pulled out of the parking lot. "Which direction do you want to go?" I asked her. "Hmm..," she said, pondering with a grin on her face. "There's so many choices!" she exclaimed. I laughed. "Yeah. Left, right or straight. Wow, so many opportunity's," I said with sarcasm. She giggled. "Well..we came from the right, so how about left? Where would that take us?" I shrugged. "Either New Jersey or Ohio. You have the damn map right next to you." Lyn-Z laughed. "Oh, yeah! I do. Haha. Umm...we are in Homer City so..we are right..here. So if we go left we will be going in the direction of Ohio, I think." "We're in the west, right?" "Yeah. South west. We're..here. Its kinda low." I nodded. "Yeah..but, yeah..we'll go left. I'm not going back to Jersey." "Ha. That's what I thought you'd say," she replied.

We sat in silence as I drove us along in the middle of the night. Lyn-Z eventually broke it by asking me: "don't you ever get sick of running away?" I sighed. "I didn't run away and i'm not running now." "Then what are you doing?" "Me? You're here too." She sighed. "I know..and it's not that I don't like this, but..we're in our mid twenties and we live in a car. We've visited 48 states in 2 and a half years..don't you ever question yourself?" I nodded. "Yeah..like everyday, Lyns. But, i'm not going back to Jersey. I left that all behind. I'm not showing my face around there again." She nodded and looked out the car window. "I'm glad i'm away from my family," she muttered. "I'm glad you're away from them too," I replied.

I felt the warmth of her smile in the darkness. "Do you think my parents think of me?" she asked. I shrugged. "I bet they don't..I bet they are the happiest they've ever been," she added. "I don't think my parents miss me," I said. "I think they at least think about you, though. Mikey probably does." I nodded. "Yeah. I love him, but I bet he hates me for leaving him in that household." "Yeah," Lyn-Z agreed. "But he didn't want to come." "True. He was too young to know better though." "Yeah..," she said.

"What time is it now?" she questioned. I glanced at my watch. "10:35," I answered. "Ugh, really? It feels way later. Is it okay if I sleep for a while?" I nodded. "Yeah. God, your asking me permission to sleep now?" She laughed. "Yeah, I guess so." She reclined her chair to the extent and grabbed her pillow off the car floor. "How much longer are you going to go?" "I don't know. I'm pretty tired too. I'll pull over soon." She nodded and snuggled into the pillow. "M'kay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Lyn-Z."

Within five minutes, I could hear her lightly snoring and mumbling in her sleep. I looked over at her and smiled at her beauty; while reminding myself we were best friends and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
http://bestthingintown.piczo.com
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

Number of posts : 2476
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/21/2007, 9:58 am

AMAZING.

LOVE IT! OMG!

This is like the best idea EVER.

I never would have thought of something like this.

MORE NOW! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/21/2007, 10:12 am

LOL. Thaaaaaaaaanx.

I'm in a good mood, so heres chapter 2:

Chapter 2 - Ohio

Lyn-Z's POV

"Wake up, sleepy head," I heard Gerard say sweetly, his voice groggy with the morning tone. He poked my shoulder hard and I groaned. I opened my eyes and grinned when I saw him driving the car. "Why up so early?" I asked. "It's not early, it's past noon." "Ugh, really?" I asked. "Yeah. We got into Ohio an hour or so ago." I smiled as I reclined my chair to it's normal way. "Oooo. Ohio. Fun." He laughed. "Yeah, it's a ball. It's a fuck lot colder here than Pennsylvania, though. It sucks that the stupid heater broke," he said as he glared at me. I laughed. "Yeah, sorry about that." He chuckled. "Yeah. I have to make sure I don't ever let you around heaters again. Just because you can't get it to work doesn't mean you start beating on it." I laughed. "It made me mad!" I exclaimed. Gerard just giggled that giggle that drove me wild.

I know we are best friends and nothing more. I guess it's confusing because he has been such a good friend for over ten years. Maybe it's because we've been living on the streets for the past two and a half years. I have no connection with anyone besides him. We don't have cell phones or any shit like that, and even if I did, I have no one I would want to talk to other than him. I loathe my family and friends. Gerard is the only person in the world that I care about.

Gerard and I met when we were 15 years old. We were introduced by Gerard's younger brother, Mikey. I knew Mikey from my friend, Frank Iero, who was in a band called Pencey Prep at the time. I went to see them perform every Friday night, and so did Mikey. Mikey was really into the punk scene and so was I. I started a band called Mindless Self Indulgence with some of the people I befriended through Frank and Mikey.

So Mikey introduced us. He had told me Gerard was a huge punk rock fan, yet I never saw him at any of the shows. Mikey told me he was a shy guy, and was completely anti-social. I understood where he was coming from, and I found myself intregeged with him the moment I laid eyes on him. He was fascinating to say the least. He is very introverted, but he is also the sweetest and most empathetic man I know. Once we became really good friends, I would always be over at the Way house. Gerard asked me a few times why we never went over to my home. I recall telling him my house wasn't a home, it was more like a danger zone. Aside from my mother and fathers constant bickering and the bruises on my arm from my dad, we were the perfect family. But those things couldn't just be simply put aside.

I would also study the drawing techniques Gerard used. I still do; I guess it's my habit. He has all these drawings that simply blow my mind. He can imagine all kinds of textures and he gets the strangest ideas and usage of colors than anyone I've ever been around. It's so amazing.

He is so amazing.

Once we hit 18 years old, and Gerard and I both got our licenses, we began to ponder the idea of leaving home. Not just leaving home, but leaving all of New Jersey. We both had nothing going for us there. We graduated high school, we didn't need a fucking college education. We just wanted to be living on the road together, with no form of authority. We could do it. We still are doing it and I have no clue when - or even if - we are ever going to stop.

"Welcome to Columbus, Ohio," Gerard said, interrupting my thoughts. "Columbus?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah, we just past the sign." "Hmm. We are just flying right through these states, eh?" Gerard grinned. "Hell yeah. Another trip around the US of A." I giggled and looked out the window. "Ohio looks so boring. All I see is tree..tree..tree..tree..tree..." Gerard laughed. "Yeah. And hill after fucking hill. It's so annoying." "Do you want me to drive?" I asked. "Could you?" I nodded. "Sure, I have a license too, you know." Gerard smiled. "I know..i'll pull over as soon as this fucking jackass lets me get around him." I laughed. "Give him the finger!" Gerard laughed. "No, no." "I'll do it!" I announced. I opened the window, letting the freezing September air race in, and shoved my hand out the window, flashing the driver my middle finger. "Ha-ha!" I exclaimed. Gerard started laughing as I shut the window. "You are insane, Lyn-Z" I smiled smugly. "But you'll love me always and forever?" I asked him. He smiled. "Yes, of course." I smiled back.

The asshole let Gerard pass him after the finger incident. Gerard pulled the car over on the side of the road. We both stepped out and switched seats. We climbed back into the car. "Thank you, Lyns. I'm just tired." I smiled. "It's fine, Gerard. I'll drive us out of Ohio, at least. I'll see how far I can get this baby." "How much gas is left?" he questioned. I looked. "We have a little less than half a tank. Almost a quarter." Gerard sighed. "That sucks. We'll probably have to stop tomorrow sometime." I nodded. "That gallon got us pretty far, though." He shook his head. "Yeah, but a few years ago, it would of gotten us loads farther." I laughed. "You're so pessimistic. You always see the negatives in life." Gerard chuckled. "Well, you are too damn optimistic, my friend. You're always laughing and being bubbly.." I grinned. "Of course I am. That's just who I am." "Well, i'm just a bitter pessimist who lives in a thrashed vehicle with an optimistic chick who gives dudes the middle finger." I burst into laughter from how quickly he snapped that. "I couldn't of said it better myself!" Gerard laughed. "Why, thank you," he replied happily.

Day began to bleed into evening until night finally arrived. I was still driving when I looked over to find Gerard fast asleep, his head leaning against the window. I smiled at his beauty and looked back at the road. It had to be past midnight. My eyes were beginning to get heavy and I had a hard time keeping them open. I decided I was done driving for the day and pulled over into a Holiday Inn parking lot. I parked in the back space and stopped the car. I grabbed my pillow off the car floor.

"Are you done?" Gerard's voice called. I looked over and smiled. "Yeah. I can't keep my eyes open." He smiled back. "Okay, good. My head was bumping against the window every time you pulled onto a rocky road." I giggled. "Sorry, but I can't do anything about that." Gerard smiled. "Yeah, you could. You could of used your super human powers to rip the road out from underneath us so we were driving on smooth ground." I rolled my eyes. "You are such a dork." Gerard giggled. "I know. But you love me anyway." I smiled. "Always and forever." Gerard grinned. "We are BFFers." I busted into laughter. "That sounds so weird coming out of your mouth." Gerard chuckled as he picked his pillow off the car floor.

"What time is it? Past 12?" I asked. Gerard looked at his watch. "It's almost 1, yeah. You know, we need to get you watch. All you do is ask me the time." I grinned. "Well, I wouldn't have to ask you the time constantly if you hadn't broke the clock radio." Gerard giggled. "Oh, yeah. I remember that. Well, were even then. You break the heater, I break the clock." I smiled. "Okay, then. We just can't break anything else because then the other person with have to break something to be even." Gerard smirked. "Theres barley anything in this piece of shit called a vehicle to break." I laughed. "True, true. We'll find something though." Gerard smiled and nodded in agreement.

I closed my eyes for a few moments. I opened them to see Gerard fast asleep, his head leaning against the window once more, but he was using his pillow. I smiled at how quickly he falls into rest and yawned. Seeing him asleep made me even more tired. I put my pillow against the window, but made a face. Every night I slept like this, I woke up with my neck aching. I decided I would sleep in the back of the car. The seats leaned back to make a bed, but Gerard and I never slept back there for some reason. I could lean my head against the window and have my legs reclined. That would releave some pressure from my neck, at least.

I crawled into the back seat, awakening Gerard. "What are you doing now? You just can't stay still, can you?" I chuckled. "Sorry, buddy. I'm sleeping back here. I don't want my neck to hurt again by having it in the wrong position." Gerard laughed. "Oh, no. There's no way Lyn-Z Ballato can have a cramped neck!" I giggled. "You are welcomed to sleep back here too, Mr. Way." "There's enough room?" he questioned. I put my pillow against the window. "We can make room. Your skinny; you can fit." Gerard smirked as he took his pillow and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah. 165 pounds is a stick." I frowned. "Aww, poor Gerard. That's still healthy. You can get all the chicks you want with a body like yours." He laughed as he joined me in the back of the car. "You mean all the prostitutes. We live in a car, remember?" I laughed. "Yeah! All the prostitutes you can sleep with." Gerard and I both giggled as we imagined us picking up prostitutes every night. "I don't think anybody else could fit in this car with all the shit we have in it. We live like animals, you know." I nodded as we both laid together on the seats."I know," I said. "And it's my fault. I never throw anything away." Gerard nodded. "Hell yeah, it's all you. I don't think you've ever heard the word 'trashcan' before." I laughed. "Yeah, I guess I haven't. I made the car a trashcan." Gerard just laughed that laugh that made me melt.

We eventually ran out of things to talk about and our eyes grew heavier. I fell asleep first, my body caressed in Gerard's arms. We had no blankets, but his embrace kept me warm through the September night. My head lowered onto his chest where I snuggled in comfortably. I felt so safe in his arms, like no one on this planet could ever hurt me. He fell into rest soon afterwards. We slept through the night, comfortably and lovingly. We belonged together and our new relationship began, without a word.
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/21/2007, 11:33 am

awwww so cute!

-gasp- are they gonna go to Indiana? THEY SHOULD! Cause Indiana's awesome LOL

Not really....xD
Back to top Go down
Rara

Rara

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/21/2007, 10:18 pm

soooooooooooooooooo cute!
cant wait until the next chapter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/22/2007, 5:27 am

Thanx guys Smile
Yeah, Chelsea, chapter 3 is Indiana Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/22/2007, 5:56 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OSCEOLA, INDIANA!! yeah!! make it Osceola!

ahem........lol

god i am so damn hyper today....
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/22/2007, 6:02 am

LOLOL. Okay, I'll make them go to Osceola.

That's really fun to say..
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/25/2007, 3:09 am

Chapter 3 - Indiana

[The lyrics used in this chapter are part of the song 'Early Sunsets Over Monroeville' by My Chemical Romance]

Gerard's POV

I woke up on my right side and not being able to open my eyes. I forced them open and rubbed them viciously. I groaned at the bright morning sun and yawned, still feeling tired and shitty. I sat up to find Lyn-Z wasn't in the car. I crawled into the passenger seat and looked out the window. I smirked when I saw we were at a 7-11, and Lyn-Z was outside getting gas for the car.

I sighed and pulled out a pen and notebook from one of the compartments below the dashboard. I turned to a fresh piece of paper and stared at it. I hadn't written any lyrics for over a month, which was very odd. I usually had ideas popping in my head every hour of the day. I didn't even know if I had writers block because I hadn't tried to write anything. I tapped the pen against the paper. I looked out the window and saw the cloudless sky and the bright warm sun. I started humming a melody and began to imagine words.

I scribbled onto the paper:

Late dawns and early sunsets,
Just like my favorite scenes,
Then holding hands and life was perfect,
Just like up on the screen.

I shrugged. It wasn't bad. I've written better though.

"Hey, you're finally awake. I got us to Indiana," Lyn-Z said with a smile when she saw me. I smirked. "Aww. You got us into another state. I didn't have to drive or anything." She giggled. "Yeah. I have functioning arms and feet, you know. I can drive a car." I nodded. "I never said you couldn't. God, you're so defensive of your lackluster driving skills." "Lackluster?" she questioned. "You're the reckless one. I'm surprised we haven't got into a fucking accident yet - well, there was that one." I laughed. "Yeah, but that was just a fender bender, nothin' serious." She smiled. "I'll be back, let me run this in," she said as she walked into the 7-11, paying for the gasoline.

I watched her walk and looked away when I realized I was staring. I was in complete love with her. I couldn't deny it anymore. All these wasted years of telling myself we were just friends were laughing in my face. I loved her, but did she love me back? Should I bring any of my thoughts up into conversation? If she feels the same way back, what will we do? What if she doesn't feel the same way back? Will the fact that I love her and she doesn't love me back ruin our friendship? I felt kind of like I was in high school again. Except this wasn't a measly teenage hormone raging crush.

I sighed and looked back at the sentences written in my notebook. I picked the pen back up and wrote:

Running away and hiding with you,
I never thought they'd get me here.

I stared at the paper. I wasn't really understanding what I was writing, but I liked it. It was mellow and calm, unlike the other shit I've written. I was already humming more to the melody when Lyn-Z joined me in the car.

"Alrighty, the gas is paid for," she said. I looked at her. "How'd you get money, by the way?" She started the car and smiled. "The car was about to go dead, so I had to get gas. After not finding 1 fucking penny in the car, I found a ten dollar bill in the trunk." I made a face. "Really? That's strange." Lyn-Z laughed. "I know. It was just laying there. I was like, 'okay, then'." I looked out the window. "Yeah. That's pure skill, right there." Lyn-Z nodded and was about to start driving the car when I offered, "I can drive, if you want. You already drove us out of Ohio." Lyn-Z smiled and nodded graciously, like she was hoping I would say that. "Thanks," she said.

We switched seats and I pulled out of the parking lot. "What's this? Is Mr. Way writing some fancy pancy lyrics again?" she asked as she picked my notebook off the car floor. I chuckled. "Yeah. I just scribbled shit down. I feel strange from not writing anything forever." Lyn-Z smiled and read over the words written on the paper. "Aww, Gerard, I really like it." I made a face. "Really, or are you just saying that?" "Oh my God, no, Gerard. This is really, really good. Everything you write is always fantastic." "I disagree. Remember that one song I wrote about vampires a few years back? That was insane." Lyn-Z gasped. "Oh, I loved that one! Vampires are awesome!" I laughed. "Honestly, Gerard. Your writing is great, don't be so modest." I could feel myself blush a little. "Why, thank you. I guess I am pretty brilliant." Lyn-Z just giggled adorably.

"Do you mind if I add to it?" she asked. I shook my head. "No, go right ahead. I'm curious to see what lyrical talent Ms. Ballato has." Lyn-Z laughed again. "Hmm.." she said as she mumbled the lyrics under her breath.

"Welcome to Osceola, Indiana," I announced as we past a small sign that was on the side of the road. She snickered. "You sound so enthusiastic about it," she said as she wrote words on the paper. I nodded. "Of course I am. It's a new town we've never been to. Yay." Lyn-Z laughed. "Yay," she said, repeating me.

I stopped at a red light and Lyn-Z showed me what she had written.

Up and down escalators,
Pennies and colder fountains,
Elevators and half price sales,
Trapped in by all these mountains.

"Whoa, Lyn-Z," I said, amazed. Lyn-Z made a face. "Yeah, I know, really bad. I need to fix the last line, it doesn't really make sense and-" "No way," I interrupted, "that's really good. Like, really, really good." Lyn-Z smiled slightly. "Really, or are you just saying that?" I laughed at how she quoted me. "Honestly. It's great. I swear." Lyn-Z smiled. "Thanks. I guess I am pretty brilliant too," she said smugly. I laughed and handed her the notebook back.

I was simply amazed. I didn't know Lyn-Z's writing style, and those 4 lines blew my mind. They fit perfectly with the lines I had written. I had no clue what she would write or even if she would actually write something. I guess that's another one of her traits that I love so much. I've known her for over 10 years and she never ceases to amaze me. Every day is a surprise. I can never get bored around her. It's nice to have someone so lively in my life, I guess. I had such a dull childhood and to have Lyn-Z enter my life was a blessing. It still is.

"But see, I don't think this makes sense," Lyn-Z persisted; interrupting my thoughts. She handed me the notebook back and pointed to the 2 lines she jotted down.

And the whole time while always giving,
Counting your face among the living.

I shrugged. "I like it a lot though. The shit I was writing above I understood, but some of my other writings, I have no clue what I'm writing." Lyn-Z nodded. "Yeah. I still like what you wrote better." I laughed and pressed the petal when the red light finally turned green.

---

I was lying there, almost asleep, when I heard the car stop. I forced my eyes open to see Lyn-Z taking the keys out of the ignition. She saw I was looking at her and smiled. "It's past 2. I'm off to bed," My mouth actually dropped. "Past 2? Did I fall asleep or something?" Lyn-Z chuckled. "Yeah, you slept for 4 hours straight. You were sucking in the ceiling." I frowned and rubbed my eyes. "It doesn't even feel like I slept." Lyn-Z frowned. "Gerard, i'm really worried about you. You've been so tired the last couple of days. It's not normal. You need a check-up or something." I shook my head and yawned. "If I go get a check-up, won't I need papers and shit? Do we have any of that?" Lyn-Z nodded as she crawled into the back of the car. "Yeah..i'm pretty sure. We threw all that shit in a box before leaving Jersey, 'member?" I blinked. "I dunno. I can't think about anything right now." I heard her moving crap around in the back and sat up. "Hand me the flashlight off the floor, Gerard," she ordered. I obeyed and she turned it on. She ripped a box open and smiled when she flashed the light on the inside of it. "A-ha. Here is all the doctor shit. Let's see..birth certificates..some records..all that good stuff." I chuckled a dry, cracked laugh. "That's good. You're a good seeker and finder." Lyn-Z laughed. "Why, thanks."

I joined her in the back of the car and we lied on the seat together. I was so tired, once I hit the comfortable cushion, I almost fell into rest. "Gerard?" Lyn-Z whispered. "Hmm?" I said, clearing my scratchy throat. "I-I need to tell you something." I opened my eyes and looked into her hazel ones. Through the darkness of the cold September night, I could see and feel the glimmer of her eyes. "Yeah?" I asked. She snuggled into my chest like she did last year. "You know I love you?" she said, her questioned muffled into my shirt. I blinked. She was telling me she loved me? "Yeah, Lyns, I know," I answered. She layed her head on my chest. It was so comfortable and it felt so right. Without realizing, I began to run my fingers through her fine hair. She didn't seem to mind at all, she actually loosened up and got less tense. We were silent for a few minutes until I said:

"I love you."

I didn't care about her reaction. I had to say it and get it off my chest. She lifted her head up and looked back into m eyes. I could feel energy from her smile, which made me smile back. She didn't say anything and I began to wonder what she was thinking. Did she think I was joking? Was she going to make a punchline to what I said? Is she going to bring this up for the rest of our lives? Did I fuck up? Should I not of said that?

Before I could worry anymore and think of any other questions, I felt lips against mine. Heat flowed through my entire body and chills ran down my spine. My heart began to race when I realized what was happening. She slid her tongue across my bottom lip, requesting entrance into my mouth. I allowed her and closed my eyes to truly enjoy the feeling I was experiencing. I've been waiting so long for this moment.

We pulled away and we both smiled. "I love you too, Gerard," Lyn-Z said as she ruffled my hair. I grinned and let her head fall back onto my chest. We both fell asleep quickly afterwards; feeling accomplished and at peace. We achieved what we wanted for so long, and it felt pretty damn good. I felt a brilliant sensation wash over me. I was so excited by knowing she felt the same way about me. I felt a massive amount of weigh lift off my shoulders. I was happy for the first time in my life.

Last edited by Gerard Way on 6/12/2008, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/25/2007, 7:56 am

AWWWWWW!!!

Best chapter so far! Not just because of the Osceola thing...

haha

loved it! So cute. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/25/2007, 8:16 am

LOLOL.

Thanx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime11/25/2007, 8:28 am

welcomies!!
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime12/9/2007, 12:08 pm

My apologies for taking forever to post an update.

Chapter 4 - Illinois

Lyn-Z's POV

Flashback to 2 years ago

I mumbled profanity under my breath as I slammed my bedroom door closed. I furiously walked over to my bed and picked a trash bag off the floor. I began throwing all of my clothes into it; overhearing my mother and father screaming at each other, just like they did every time I came home from the hellhole called school. I tried as I hard as I could to tune them out and concentrate on what I was doing. I had all my clothes, medical records and journals thrown into the trash bag. I walked over to my old jewelry box that I stored my precious cassette tapes in. I pulled out all of them - Misfits, Iron Maiden, Black Flag, Motorhead, Smiths and others. They were tossed into the bag as well. I scanned my room, trying to think of anything else I should bring. I could feel tears sting in my eyes as I heard glass being smashed downstairs. I could hear my fathers drunken screams and my mothers cocaine shrilled yells of terror being echoed throughout the tiny house. I couldn't take this anymore. I had to leave.

I threw the bag around my shoulder and turned my bedroom light off and shut the door. I walked pass the other rooms, not caring to take one last look at the dump I lived in. I stopped at the top of the steps.

"Oh, like you would know how difficult an 80 hour week at a fucking diner is! I work my ass off every fucking day, and then I come home to you bitching about how bad your life sucks. I'm sick of your goddamn complaints, Marie!"

"Get your fucking beer mouth out of my fucking face, you shitbag! Don't touch me!"

I gritted my teeth and walked down the steps, trying to be quiet, but also trying to get out of the house as quickly as possible.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" my father asked in one of his drunken dillusions. He was wasted as fuck. This time tomorrow, he won't remember a thing he's saying or doing right now.

"I'm leaving," I stated as I looked into his dilated eyes. This was the last time I was ever going to talk to my mother and father. Usually, I would stare at the floor when I spoke to them because I have always been terrified of making eye contact. I could care less today. I stared him the fuck down like I was God and he was a spider.

"What?" my mother said, her nose covered in white powder. "Leaving? Finally! It took you this long to fucking leave?" She looked like she was ready to pass out, which she did right there. She fell to the floor and didn't move. Her mouth was wide open and the wrinkles on her face were flapped. She looked like the biggest mistake in the world. When she fell, my father and I had no reaction to it. It was just mom being mom.

"Leaving, eh? You goin' off to live with that Jared guy? Be his whore? Huh?" I clenched my fists. "First off, his name is Gerard. Secondly, I am not his goddamn whore. He is my best friend. And i'm leaving with him to get the fuck away from you!" My father grabbed my wrist and squeezed. I cried out in agony and attempted to twist out of his grip. I failed miserably.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry I said his fucking name wrong. And you're best fucking friend? You have no friends! God .. stand still! Ow! Listen to me!"

I ended up biting his tattooed arm, as hard as I could. My teeth broke through his rugged skin. I lifted my head up, tasting his sour blood in my mouth. I tugged my arm out of his hand, and for a split second, I thought I was out of his reach. I felt a hand slap me hard in the face, and my eyes closed on impact. I let out a cry, and opened my eyes to see shines of white. I felt my face get red from pain and anger, and I lashed out on my father. I tackled him to the floor, my body holding him down. I began beating my fists onto his face and chest. He was knocked out within the first five punches, but I couldn't stop. He has tortured me physically, emotionally and mentally since I was born, and all of that built up fury was coming alive in every swing of my fist.

Blood was pouring out of his lip, he had two black eyes, and his face and chest were covered in fresh bruises when I finally stopped. I could of gone more, but my fist was beginning to ache. I climbed off of him and spat onto his face like the piece of shit he was. I looked over at my mother who was still passed out from her recent cocaine trip. I knew that she loved me. She had love for me somewhere in her heart, but I could never find it. So she wasn't worth my time.

I picked the trash bag I had been carrying up off the floor and walked to the door. Any ordinary person would of felt a massive amount of sympathy for the two human beings I was leaving behind. I turned around to see them for one last time. What I saw wasn't an ordinary scene. A bloody father and a passed out mother, lying together in drunken and drugged harmony. That's all my eyes saw.

I walked out of the house and down the street and a couple blocks to Gerard's house. I reached it and knocked on the front door. His little 15 year old brother, Mikey, answered. "Hey Lyns," he said as he let me inside. I smiled sadly. I loved Mikey a lot, and I felt bad we were leaving like we were. "Gerard's upstairs packing. He's almost done, he said." I nodded as we began to walk up the steps to his older brothers room. "Are you sure you don't want to come, Mikes? You are totally welcome to." Mikey just shook his head. "I would, but I don't want to leave my parents behind with neither of their sons. We are all they have, y'know? Besides, it's not all that bad here. At least not for me." I nodded as we reached the top of the steps. "I'm just gonna miss ya," I said with a smile. Mikey smiled and shrugged. "You can always visit," he said.

We opened Gerard's door. He was sitting on his bed, throwing some last couple of things inside his trash bag. He looked up and smiled at us. Seeing him smile made me grin back. "Hey guys," he said. "Hey," Mikey and I both said at the same time. "Okay ... I think I have everything. Are you ready, Lyns?" he asked. I nodded. "I'm more than ready. Let's go."

We walked out of the Way home and to the driveway where the car was parked. Gerard turned to Mikey. "I want to thank you again for letting us take your crummy car," he said. Mikey laughed. "Sure. I don't need it." I smiled. "Yeah, thanks," I added as I looked at the piece of crap. "Are you sure it even runs?" I asked. Gerard chuckled. "Yeah, I've checked multiple times 'cause I thought the same thing. It works and it has a full tank of gas." I grinned. "Great. You ready?" I asked him. I was ready to get out of there. Gerard nodded. "'Kay. Bye Mikes," Gerard said as he and his brother embraced. Gerard ruffled his hair like he always did to his kid brother. Mikey winced but smiled. "Bye Gee," he said.

I gave Mikey a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. He was the only thing I wasn't going to miss about this lousy town. He was like the little brother I never had and always wanted.

Gerard and I climbed into the car, Gerard driving and me in the passenger seat. We both sighed a sigh of relief, and looked at each other. "You sure you want to do this?" he asked me. I nodded. "I've been waiting forever," I answered. Gerard put the keys in the ignition and started the beat up vehicle. "Vroom vroom," Gerard said. I laughed and waved to Mikey through the window. He waved back to us and walked back into the house when we drove down the street.

"I wonder what Mikey's going to tell your parents when they get back from work," I said. Gerard shrugged. "I bet he'll pretend he knew nothing about it. That's what I would do," he replied as he turned left onto a highway. I nodded in agreement.

We stopped at a red light. "Is that from your dad?" Gerard asked, pointing to the fresh bruise on my face from where he had slapped me. I nodded and put my fingertips on it. "It only hurts if I touch it," I said. Gerard frowned.

"I'm sorry about all of the shit you've been through," he said.

I nodded and looked out the window, trying to hide tears that I could feel coming. We didn't speak for the longest time after that. We simply listened to the calm and peaceful sound of the outside world, a sound that would become too familiar and redundant to us..

I sighed slightly as I remembered that day, and took another drag from my cancer stick.

Gerard and I were somewhere in Springfield, Illinois, and our car was pulled to the side of a dirt road. It was past midnight, and we were laying out in an open field, the mid November air blowing across our bodies. We were watching the stars in silence; there was no need for us to speak to each other, just being with him was perfect.

"Tomorrow's Thanksgiving," I said. Gerard nodded, remembering that it was. He laughed a little and said, "I remember Thanksgiving at my house. My Grandma always came over and cooked the entire dinner, which made my Mom happy 'cause she can't cook worth shit."

I laughed. "Elena never took a step outta that kitchen. Oh, and she the oven on the whole damn time, so it would get to, like, 100 degrees in there. We were opening up all the windows in the middle of November."

We both giggled and reminisced about Thanksgiving some more: Mikey and Gerard arguing about who got the better end of the wishbone when they were kids, Me attempting to help Elena in the kitchen, Gerard's Mom spilling cranberry sauce on her nice white blouse, and little Mikey feeding the dog the foods off his plate he didn't want.

We must of talked for over an hour, so we decided we should get back on the road. It was my turn to drive, so I crawled into the driver's side and throttled the ignition. I pulled onto the road and headed west for Missouri.

All that talk about Thanksgiving and being with family sorta bummed me out. I don't know about Gerard, but it put a damper on my night. I never had much of a solid family unit - Gerard's family has always been more of a family than my own. Mikey was like my brother, Elena like a grandma. We've been on the road for almost 2 years, which means we've missed 2 Thanksgiving's, Christmas's, and New Years. It's late for me to just start to realize this, and I feel stupid for thinking about it so, yeah, so I'll just shut up and not think about it.

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw snow on the windshield. "Oh my gosh, it's snowing! It's freakin' snowing!" I shouted. Gerard laughed. Big blobs of snow were slowing coming from the clouds, declaring the first snowfall we've seen since last January. I love snow, I know Gerard hates it. It reminds him too much of Jersey.

Hours passed, and the had been falling off and on within every few minutes. I was beginning to doze off, but my head bounced off the window every time Gerard went over a bump, so that kept me awake. Gerard pulled over onto the side of a highway and stopped the car. We both quietly but quickly grabbed our pillows and blankets from the back seat. The heat in the car was broke, of course, so I hoped we wouldn't freeze to death. I got comfortable and we both fell sound asleep before our head's hit our cushions.

Last edited by Gerard Way on 6/12/2008, 1:39 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed everything in chapt. 4, except flashback.)
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 5:37 am

-GASP-

OMG, I HOPE HE'S OKAY!!

AHHHHHH!!!!!! NOOOO! Poor Gerard! Poor Lyn-Z!!

FKLEHKRHKHGKRHGKH!!!!!!!

LMAO

Great chapter Sarah! It was truely amazing! Very Happy

MORE SOON!
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 7:33 am

LMFAO! I love your reactions.

Thanx. I haven't wrote any of chapter 5 yet .. I will get on it soon =]
Back to top Go down
Modern Zero.

Modern Zero.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 7:55 am

lol yaaaay!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarahnade.
Admin
Sarahnade.

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime6/12/2008, 1:43 pm

I finally edited chapt. 4. everythings different except the flashback.

there's probbaly errors because it's like 1 in the morning. hope it's good.

goodnight. lmfao.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Would Drive On To The End With You   I Would Drive On To The End With You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Would Drive On To The End With You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fan Fictional Stories :: Other Stories-
Jump to: